The Global Talent visa is for talented and promising individuals in the fields of science, engineering, medicine, humanities, digital technology, and arts and culture wishing to work in the UK. The Global Talent visa category replaces the former Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category.
The Global Talent visa route is open (from 20 February 2020) to talented and promising individuals with technical or business skills in the digital technology sector wishing to work in the UK. Applicants will be leaders in their field or have the potential to be leaders, as determined by Tech Nation, the endorsing body for digital technology.
Requirements for digital technology endorsement by Tech Nation
To qualify for endorsement by Tech Nation on the basis of ‘Exceptional Talent’, you will either need to have a proven track record of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder or director of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept, or you will be able to provide proof of recognition for work outside your immediate occupation that has contributed to the advancement of the digital technology sector.
Additionally, you will need to satisfy two of the following four criteria:
- Made significant technical, commercial, or entrepreneurial contributions in the digital technology sector as either a founder, entrepreneur, or employee of a product-led digital technology company;
- Been recognized as a leading talent in the digital technology sector;
- Undergone continuous learning/mastery of new digital skills (commercial or technical) throughout your career;
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in the field by making academic contributions through research published or otherwise endorsed by a research supervisor or other expert.
- To qualify for endorsement by Tech Nation based on ‘Exceptional Promise’, you will either need to provide more than 1 example of innovation in the digital technology sector as a founder of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept or provide proof of recognition for work outside your immediate occupation that has contributed to the advancement of the digital technology sector.
Positioning you for a global tech career
Relevant evidence requested by Tech Nation includes recognition in national dailies, with a news publication that refers to you as an expert or thought leader, an opinion piece exemplifying your superior capabilities or competence as a digital technology leader in Nigeria, or an interview of you by a reputable publication.
We help individuals amplify their personal visibility, and have a special package devoted to the UK-Global Talent programme.
We can offer each applicant four promotional items to sufficiently position them as thought leaders in digital technology in Nigeria.
- One article published in a national daily (applicant will be responsible for writing 1500words content, with direct guidance from us and article review)
- One full-page interview in a national daily referencing a recent innovative practice of the applicant
- One themed article written by a national publication focused on the applicant’s niche of the technology industry, and
- One quote in the above-themed article where the applicant is quoted as an expert.